Tuesday, September 15, 2009

bedroom makeover

I am a little embarassed to admit this so publicly, but my bedroom is in serious need of some re-decorating.  Our house is under 1,000 square feet, which means that our bedroom is very small.  For the first 2 years here, I had our bed placed in what seemed to be the most logical spot in such a small room-it faced the door and looked nice when you entered the room. Unfortunately, this meant that the headboard was against the only set of windows in the room.  Not the end of the world, but it made for a lot of heating/cooling and noise issues.  So, early this spring, I measured and figured, sketched and shuffled in an attempt to find another spot for the bed.  I tried it in front of closet doors and floating in the middle of the room, and finally conceded that there was only one other spot in the room to put it.  I am much happier with the bed in this spot, but it poses some new challenges.  Our dresser no longer fits in the room, and it leaves very limited space on either side of the bed.  Therefore, moving the bed and getting rid of extra furniture that didn't fit anymore is about as far as my inspiration got this spring, because I was soon distracted by gardens and outdoor projects.  Now that fall has rolled around and I know that I'll want a cozy bedroom to get me through winter, I am re-inspired.
BEFORE PHOTOS
The very dull view into our bedroom.
The best corner in the room right now (oh-that is really sad)
Yikes.  That's all I have to say.
It is really unusual for me to go this long without finishing a room.......I will keep you updated on my shopping finds and any DIY projects or restyles along the way.  Then it will be time for the big "after" reveal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment