Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday is PIE DAY!

Ok-Everyone say it with me-Friday is PIE DAY!

Walnuts and maple syrup are autumn classics and tasty bedfellows.  You will often find them atop my morning oatmeal, and here they are feaured companions in this wonderfully simple pie.
Classic pecan pie is certainly scrumptious, but I like that this variation substitutes pure maple syrup for the corn syrup.  I often get a craving for a slice of this pie slightly warm with a big glass of milk.

Maple Walnut Pie

1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
1/2 c sugar
1 T brown sugar
1/4 t salt
6 T melted butter
4 eggs, beaten
1 c maple syrup
1 c walnuts, coarsely chopped


-combine ingredients and blend well.  Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.  Reduce heat to 325 and bake 50 minutes more.


So easy and so yummy!

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering right now, that looks so yummy! I may have to make this one, we have walnut trees in our grove, my grandma use to make everything with black walnuts, love them, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi cammie! oh-you should definitely make one of these. this is one of my favorites (of course, i have a lot of favorite pies, but..)
    hope you've recovered from the bonanza and are having a lovely fall.

    ReplyDelete