Monday, April 19, 2010

Test kitchen

My neighbor across the street has started providing a very valuable service to Pies and Aprons-that of taste tester and "test kitchen".  Publishing recipes for other people to use definitely includes a learning curve for me, as I rarely use a recipe myself.  I try to be very diligent about paying attention to what I'm doing and writing things down as I'm cooking, but it doesn't always happen.  Then I am left trying to estimate how much of what I put in there and how long I let is simmer.  Sometimes, the translation does not quite work, and my neighbor has been reporting her results to me.  Most things have been just fine, but the other day on my cookie post, I left out a few bits of important information-like baking time and temperature.  Just minor things!  My apologies.  She also had poor results with the coconut rice, which, let's face it, was a little vague,  I am going to make it again tonight (which is not a hardship, believe me!), and promise to provide you with an actual recipe.  Please, please, please, feel free to share your results with me and ask questions (or just point out my failings-I can take it).

No comments:

Post a Comment