Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Takeaway: Kleenex Box

I had a slight obsession with vintage kleenex boxes for a long time.  It seems that every midwestern household decided to purge their stash of mid-century plastic and metal kleenex boxes at once, and I took full advantage of the booty at garage sales and thrift stores.  I ended up with stacks and stacks of them in every shade and with every tacky adornment imaginable.  I have sold most of the collection over the years, but have kept a few of my favorites for home.  I do use them for kleenex (imagine that!), but I've found that my favorite use for them is holding dryer sheets.

They are the just the perfect size for the sheets, and it keeps them neat and handy.
 Most boxes have mounting holes, so you can save on counter space, and hang one next to your dryer.
Etsy has a vast selection right now, ranging in price from $5-$15.
 

3 comments:

  1. I use my French poodle one at school to hold kleenex! The kids get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a couple of these boxes too and i love the dryer sheet idea.

    ReplyDelete