Monday, March 1, 2010

Shrimp Tacos

We have a favorite seafood spot, but it is only open seasonally, so we have to live 6 months without a fix.
I was really hankering for their tacos last week, so I tried my hand at an at-home version.  We didn't have the lovely outdoor seating, and I changed up the ingredients quite a bit (in order to use up some odds and sods in the fridge), but they were tasty enough to satisfy our craving.... for now. 
I Wish I Were at Sea Salt Shrimp Tacos

1T olive oil
3 T finely diced onion
1/2 c cooked brown or white rice
1/2 c cooked pinto beans
1/2 c frozen corn
8 cooked shrimp, chopped
3 T fresh lime juice
1/3 c salsa verde
fresh cilantro

-lightly brown onions in olive oil,
-add rice, corn and  beans; saute for 8-10 minutes, until heated through
-add shrimp, lime juice and salsa verde (and a sprinkle of salt if you wish)
-cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, until heated through
-spoon into warm corn tortillas
-serve with fresh cilantro, lime wedges and extra salsa verde

This recipe made enough for four generous tacos, so if you're serving a bigger crowd, make sure to bump up the recipe amounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment