Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pie and Turkey Bingo.....must be November!

Oh my goodness, I have left you alone for too many days. I am opening my home this weekend for my 2nd annual Holiday Bazaar, and have been caught in a whirlwind of decorating and baking. For the past two days, I have meant to sit down and blog away, then another tree or wreath beckoned for glitter and glue and I was lost in another project........
I will be sharing all of these fantastic ideas though, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, I have two exciting bits of news for the day.
After not so patiently waiting and waiting (the mailman thought I was nuts:), my copy of Matthew Mead's Holiday magazine arrived. Oh, let me tell you, the wait was worth it. Honestly, this publication is absolutely stunning. Every page is filled with gorgeous photography, amazing color studies and Matthew's spot on styling. Decorating inspiration, little bits, and wonderful recipes fill the 146 pages of yumminess. My Christmas pie (developed for the magazine) is featured on page 13! The recipe is available for download at the Holiday website, so be sure to check it out.  This is truly a labor of love for Matthew and his wife, Jenny, and I love them for creating such a treat for those of us who are decorating, holiday and magazine junkies. They oversaw every aspect of the magazine, and even had it printed locally (the quality and smell of the paper-oh my...).  If you want to get your hands on one of these beautiful "book-a-zines", you can order one here.

Also, I am a guest blogger today at Make and Takes. I share one of my family's Thanksgiving traditions-a game you'll be sure to want to add to your celebration. If you haven't checked out this site before,  you'll soon be addicted as it is loaded with fabulous crafts, food and projects for the whole family.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving my Holiday magazine! Such a treat for the eyes, so many wonderful ideas and lovely pictures. My daughter enjoys leafing through it as much as I do. And she was thrilled when I showed the picture of your pie - though she did want to know when you would make her one :)

    Really looking forward to your bazaar this weekend!

    ReplyDelete