Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Potato Artichoke Soup

I should have thought to take some process photos
of this soup. Often, I'm just happily cooking
away, then we sit down to eat and I do a Homer Simpson.
"Doh, (slapping myself on the forehead), this would be a great blog post."

This is really tasty.
So, hopefully you will forgive me.
And make do this time
with a photo and a recipe.

Potato Artichoke Soup
recipe by me
serves 4-6

2 T olive oil
1 small onion, diced
4 stalks celery (with leaves if possible), sliced
4 cups potatos, diced (peeled if you desire...I like the peels)
2 cloves garlic, minced
12  oz. jar of artichoke hearts with juice
16 oz vegetable broth
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
parsley garnish (optional)

-in large stockpot, heat olive oil
-add onions and celery
-cook and stir on medium heat for 8-10 minutes
-add potatos and garlic
-cook another 8-10 minutes, stirring often to avoid sticking
-add artichokes with juice, and vegetable broth
-bring to boil
-reduce heat to medium high and cook for 20-25 minutes
-reduce heat to low
-using immersion blender, puree all,
adding water as needed to thin
-once pureed, season to taste with salt and pepper
-simmer until warm and serve garnished with parsley



copyright (c) Pies and Aprons March 2012



3 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks divine! I would love to have this for lunch today! Thanks for sharing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. No other photo needed...this looks amazing. Hugs to you my friend...what have you been up to? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh-Heather-I do hope you try it! so tasty if you are an artichoke lover like me:)

    koralee-time for a catch up session soon!

    thanks for the love ladies!!

    ReplyDelete