Monday, November 16, 2009

P is for Pasta

Since starting pies and aprons, I have gotten in the habit of taking photos of most everything I'm baking or cooking or working on, just in case it turns out to be blogworthy.  I had a very busy weekend, and Saturday night I needed to come up with a quick dinner using whatever I could find in our rather bare cupboards (nary a fresh vegetable in sight).  Of course, I was not expecting it to be anything particularly outstanding, just edible and fast. I can plan recipes, buy ingredients, and spend hours sauteeing, deglazing and roasting, but sometimes the best recipes come out of desperation.  This was one of those times, and I have no photos of the process or finished dish.  You'll just have to trust me that it was delicious and rather pretty too.

We dubbed it P is for Pasta pasta, because it seemed that everything I tossed in started with the letter P.  (On the heels of lots of Sesame Street anniversary coverage on MPR, we also thought it would make a great Sesame Street segment..."This pasta is brought to you by the letter "P".)
My apologies again for no photos, but here is the recipe.

P is for Pasta pasta

2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced (ok-I know, that doesn't begin with P)
1/4 cup pepitos (pumpkin seeds)
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 cups cooked pasta
1/4 cup grated parmesan

-saute garlic and pepitos in 3 T olive oil
-add frozen peas and saute until heated through
-add pasta and cook until heated through and starting to get a bit brown and crispy around edges
-top with grated parmesan

Really, that's all there is to it!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment