Tuesday, July 20, 2010

cafe curtain

Ok, really, you've probably had enough of the new bathroom already. Bear with me.... I've been waiting so long to be rid of my nasty bathroom, that I need to bask in the glow of the new one just a bit more.
This is just a super, super quick project that you could use in any room of the house.
Ok, you're also probably saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, dishtowel as a curtain. Seen it a million times."
But, this one looks so sweet and adorable that I couldn't help myself.
I bought these dishtowels in a pack of two at IKEA for 7.99. Being that I don't sew (really, I'm going to learn one of these days), I used my trusty double sided tape trick. I simply stuck a piece of double stick tape all the way across the length of the towel, about 1 1/2 inches from the top. Then I folded the top over onto the tape, and gave it a quick swipe with the iron to set it. And yes, I know they make no sew heat bonding tape, but I didn't have any......

2 comments:

  1. I think you have every right to bask in your new bathroom! The cafe curtain looks great. I wouldn't have thought to use the iron to set the double-sided tape. I don't sew much myself, so I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever .. and what a lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete