Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday is PIE DAY!


First...a quick follow up on last week's Avocado Lime Pie.
I promised to post a photo of a slice, but we carted it off to my parents' house and ate most of it before I recalled that promise. The remaining slices were not looking ready for a photo op (think day old guacamole), so you'll just have to imagine. If you make this pie, be sure to give it a nice thick layer of bananas-I think I sliced mine to thinly, and would have liked a bigger bite of banana with the filling.
Also, I might experiment with adding a bit more lime. But, all in all, a surprisingly delicious pie!

Second....I am making pies for a wedding this weekend!
Therefore, the actual Pie Day post will be coming at you tomorrow.
On pie number 4 right now, and have 6 more to go....

I haven't baked pies for a wedding since my own almost 9 years ago,
and am so excited! I absolutely think more people should have wedding pie instead of wedding cake,
don't you? I guess I would also vote for having both cake AND pie:)

Until tomorrow......
Happy, happy PIE DAY!
xo Christine

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a wedding pie. Sure is much easier than a wedding cake.

    cindy

    ReplyDelete